Will it hurt my garden??

I have an area of the garden where I throw kitchen scraps and occasionally some dirty, its under the trees. I wonder if the decomposed stuff on the bottom of that now, about 3 feet tall pile, is good for anything. I know its packed with earthworms. Will it hurt my garden is I got some of the stuff from the bottom of it and place by my plants?

Food waste is actually quite good for the soil. Composting is very good for the environment and is much better than filling up landfills with bags of trash.

The decomposed material at the bottom of your kitchen scraps and dirty pile is likely to be rich in organic matter and beneficial microorganisms, and it can be a valuable resource for your garden. It's great to hear that earthworms are present in the pile, as they help to break down the organic matter and add nutrients to the soil.

If you want to use the material in your garden, you can mix it into the soil around your plants or use it as a top dressing. However, it's important to note that the material may still contain some undecomposed or partially decomposed scraps, so it's best to avoid placing it in direct contact with the stems or foliage of your plants. You may also want to consider screening or sifting the material to remove any larger debris or woody pieces before using it.

It's also a good idea to test the soil before adding any organic material, to ensure that you don't over-fertilize your plants or create an imbalance in the soil nutrients. You can do this by sending a soil sample to a local agricultural extension service or by using a home soil testing kit.

Overall, using the decomposed material from your kitchen scraps and dirty pile in your garden can be a great way to recycle organic waste and improve soil health, but it's important to use it wisely and in moderation to avoid any potential negative impacts on your plants or soil.