When to grow cabbage?

I was reading they like the cold. In that case, early spring was advised for planting. OK, when do you all plant them? Any other advice?

They like more than 30 degrees Fahrenheit so all the seasons would be OK, I am too looking for the timetable of seedling of all plants. I would say use in another spring than in Spring so that would be a lot of benefit for growing cabbage.

one question is it safe to spray boiled neem leaves on one week old baby seedlings?
yes it is safe to spray on most seedlings without any problems, why not give a try on some seedlings and see their performance. I think you want to protect from insects those plant starter from seeds.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Cabbage is a cool-season vegetable that is best grown during the cooler months of the year. The ideal time for planting cabbage depends on your specific climate and location, but generally, it is best to plant cabbage in the fall for a winter harvest or in early spring for a spring or summer harvest.

My suggestion is use a Greenhouse for better growing in most seasons and winter will be always successful for everyone.

ZandraJoi

I was reading they like the cold. In that case, early spring was advised for planting. OK, when do you all plant them? Any other advice?
Did your question get answered? Are you trying to grow cabbage? If so, have you had some good success?
I haven't tried growing it but my dad does in this huge garden.