Watering for Hanging Baskets?

How to water for Hanging Baskets without falling to the bottom? I am getting tired by climbing and watering to the plants everyday so anyone please advice me how to setup an easy watering system?

ZandraJoi

How to water for Hanging Baskets without falling to the bottom? I am getting tired by climbing and watering to the plants everyday so anyone please advice me how to setup an easy watering system?
If it's high up, can you maybe place them lower? What some people have done is take a water jug or bottle & put holes in the lid. Put it upside down so it can be a mock drip irrigation.
I place a bucket to catch the excess water so I can water thoroughly. Some I have just taken off the hooks & watered them with the flowers I have in the ground. Then later on, I would hang them back up. I also water deeply every other day or every third day depending on if we got rain or how hot it is.

If it's high up, can you maybe place them lower? What some people have done is take a water jug or bottle & put holes in the lid. Put it upside down so it can be a mock drip irrigation.
I place a bucket to catch the excess water so I can water thoroughly. Some I have just taken off the hooks & watered them with the flowers I have in the ground. Then later on, I would hang them back up. I also water deeply every other day or every third day depending on if we got rain or how hot it is.
Thanks @ZandraJoi for your helpful hints and usage, but my thought was to fix them and water directly from tap due to house hold works. Presently i am watering by using a bamboo stick with small mug attached to it. I heard somewhere on internet they made fully automatic for hanging plants too.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Do you like to use Lateral pipe for setting to water your hanging pots or the best one is PVC method which can be installed easily than lateral pipe, let me know which type you want and why? I will guide you to install an easy system for easy gardening.

ZandraJoi

Thanks @ZandraJoi for your helpful hints and usage, but my thought was to fix them and water directly from tap due to house hold works. Presently i am watering by using a bamboo stick with small mug attached to it. I heard somewhere on internet they made fully automatic for hanging plants too.
Can't help you with that one. I do know of people who want to water directly like that. Do you have pictures so others maybe can see what you are working with? Maybe they can provide a better solution for you & who knows, may help others too :)

Can't help you with that one. I do know of people who want to water directly like that. Do you have pictures so others maybe can see what you are working with? Maybe they can provide a better solution for you & who knows, may help others too :)
Here is a photo which I changed mug to pipe attached, but this method also not good since water is flowing out of the pot and so on. It looks dangerous to climb on a stool to water the plants manually.

Attachments

admin

Administrator
Staff member
@shilparamam
You need a drip irrigation kit to install the water for your hanging post, but best method is to use PVC for permanent watering place. Here is a video watch how he installed the kit for hanging pots.

ZandraJoi

Here is a photo which I changed mug to pipe attached, but this method also not good since water is flowing out of the pot and so on. It looks dangerous to climb on a stool to water the plants manually.
How high up are they? Could you make the chains a bit lower so you don't have to climb on a stool? Maybe put buckets under them to collect the water & use for plants you have in the ground.

Watering hanging baskets can be a challenge, as the plants are suspended in the air and can dry out quickly. Consider using a self-watering system: Self-watering systems, such as wicking systems or reservoirs, can help ensure that the plants receive the water they need, even when you're not around.

As the admin Suggested drip irrigation, then go for it since it saves a lot of time yours and keep the plants healthier