Stormchasers & destruction of storms

ZandraJoi

What do you think of “storm chasers”?
They are professionals, for the most part, who literally chase storms. Most are to help us gain knowledge of how a storm works. Then there are those people who are no professionals & feel they can sit out there & videotape it or to see "just how" bad it can get!
Have you videotaped a storm before? How has the destruction been to any crop, flowers, plants you had?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I have never thought on this since in our area storms happen only during rainy season, so I avoid farming during that time. I never video taped of storm or did not concentrated about storms. Here most farmers lost crops during this storms, but never thought to learn about it.
I lost crops twice in rainy season due to heavy rainfall.
@ZandraJoi Did you ever learnt about this storms?

ZandraJoi

I have never thought on this since in our area storms happen only during rainy season, so I avoid farming during that time. I never video taped of storm or did not concentrated about storms. Here most farmers lost crops during this storms, but never thought to learn about it.
I lost crops twice in rainy season due to heavy rainfall.
@ZandraJoi Did you ever learnt about this storms?
We are fortunate to not get too much rain nor too little in this area. It's not the norm. We have had some high winds that have knocked down taller crops like corn but have found the ones in the middle stay unscathed.
I like learning about storms as I have a healthy respect over them. I wouldn't be a Storm Chaser lol but knowing what to expect so we can be prepared for our homes & gardens is vital I believe.