What kind of soil do you use?

Considering the three major types: sand, loam, and clay, loam is the best type.  Nonetheless, that's not saying crops cannot be grown on other types.   OK, what crops has anyone grown on clay and sand?  Has anyone grown on a mix between the types?  I think that situation would be what most real farmers face.

Loam is the best one for growing anything here we use most time Cocopeat that is manufactured from coconuts and it really helps in growing plants easily, healthy.
I used once Cocopeat of 500 grams to test, but at that time i have to leave my city so don't know what was done by my mother.

I read a lot of about this manure, Cocopeat and loam that can be excellent to grow anything like Tomatoes, fruits and so on.

I am using Red Soil and Cocopeat, but the best is cocopeat as it is easy to grow any plants.
Manure is too good, but not familiar with it.
Well, on the lighter side, ;) I don't think I'd care for the manure smell.

http://science.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_properties_of_Georgia_red_clay

Georgia Red Clay Georgia's red soils are old soils that have been leached of nutrients by weathering. The high acidity is due to this leaching of previously existing bases by rainwater hydraulics, leaving a high silica content product that is also high in iron oxides, resulting in the reddish color. Red soils contain little organic matter. Plants that grow on red soils generally draw nutrients from organic material that is sitting on top of the soil layer.
I wonder how this happened.

I am currently using vermi compost with neem cake in normal soil and I am still planning to make my own compost as this boost for many plants and growth in vegetables too.

Buying from stores is not recommended at all because just think what is the taste of vegetables from market.