Solar Cooler

Did anyone have a solar cooler or make one themselves?
I wish to have one, but it takes too much money for two months' use in a year. Do you prefer solar power or an alternate current cooler as the cost of electricity continues to rise year after year?

ZandraJoi

I have seen these but never had a use for them myself. We have a plug-in cooler for our van that plugs into the vehicle's outlet & we use that when going to the store or transporting cold stuff long distances.
I would prefer solar myself as it's renewable & rechargeable.

I have seen these but never had a use for them myself. We have a plug-in cooler for our van that plugs into the vehicle's outlet & we use that when going to the store or transporting cold stuff long distances.
I would prefer solar myself as it's renewable & rechargeable.
I have never seen and thought AC would be in vehicles, do you put water in your Van cooler? I planned long back to make a small one for me during summer, but havent yet.

Last edited:
Nope, it's just a plug-in to the vehicle. Can plug in for the battery outlet or when the car is running. Great for long trips!
Any online photos to view? I'd like to have one to keep in my house as summer approaches.
I have seen here some fans that give off cool air, but after some time it become hot due to motor heat.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Any online photos to view? I'd like to have one to keep in my house as summer approaches.
I have seen here some fans that give off cool air, but after some time it become hot due to motor heat.
Thermo peltier always give cool air as it has heat sink like CPU fan. I have watched on Youtube videos long back, but never thought to make one for me.
I am now looking to make one since the parts are less price than buying a cooler.

Thanks @ZandraJoi