Should I add worms to my garden?

I design to have a raised backyard next year, and I'm thinking if it would be really helpful to add earthworms to my garden soil. If so, approximately how many per square foot of garden? Thank you!

From what I read, 25 earthworms per cubic foot is ideal. Exactly how big of a garden do you plan on making?

Of course, assume the soil would be tilled and enriched!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I would use around 20 to 40 worms, but I prefer good worms that are able to dig the soil regularly. First try with as much as you can and then see later how your plants are growing.
[img=479x480]http://www.montecitowater.com/Reports/onehundcf.jpg[/img]

Thanks for everyone, yes I used few of the worms and that assisted me to develop vegetables in those days, but currently I am doing in different technique, will let you know soon.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for everyone, yes I used few of the worms and that assisted me to develop vegetables in those days, but currently I am doing in different technique, will let you know soon.
What is your newest technique of growing plants? I would like to see or assist you in something.

ZandraJoi

Earthworms are great for the garden & compost pile. They can gravitate naturally or there are places where you can buy beneficial insects. We live in the woods so earthworms are quite abundant here.