Prawns or Shrimp

Has anyone here raised prawns or shrimp with tilapia? If so, do you still need a solids filter or will the prawns take care of most of that on their own?

I tried once on a time with small prawn but it didnot grown in the tap water also tried it placing in mud pot. I learnt with that prawn require rain water or pond water to survive on this earth.

In these days people are growing Prawns everywhere, but they are not tasty like sea prawns,

As per me Prawns require special care from us than they those innocent prawns.

I tried once on a time with small prawn but it didnot grown in the tap water also tried it placing in mud pot. I learnt with that prawn require rain water or pond water to survive on this earth.

In these days people are growing Prawns everywhere, but they are not tasty like sea prawns,

As per me Prawns require special care from us than they those innocent prawns.
I want to try breeding some cherry shrimp in a 10 gallon for fun with my 5 year old daughter… how many shrimp do you suggest I start with in the tank? Thanks in advance!

I want to try breeding some cherry shrimp in a 10 gallon for fun with my 5 year old daughter… how many shrimp do you suggest I start with in the tank? Thanks in advance!
I do not suggest for kids in this aquaponics, so you should do your own or hire someone since water is dangerous for kids in tanks. Prawns and shrimps are always profitable so you can do even business.
It's ok for 10 gallon to try in starting breeding.

Prawns are dangerous as they even cut our fingers so becareful from kids. Did you ever seen anyone farming prawns by kids? I too wont recommend in house farming, please be precaution.

ZandraJoi

I haven't. I do agree on prawns being dangerous & kids should be monitored if adults DO decide to go that route. Shrimp tend to be easier to care for.

You can go with 100 to start your business or may be a little 50 so no loss on your side. Shrimps can be easily grown also can maintain through LoT devices as I heard somewhere.