People use plants more for food than for any other purpose?

david

Administrator
No, as par with my knowledge because everyone knows time is money. Do you like money on wastage products?
One thing some people loves to keep their garden clean with fresh air. In these days Organic Gardening is growing in every home like a kitchen for every home.

Do you mean humans in general or just individual hobby farms?  I mean, a lot of plants are used for clothing (cotton etc.) and some are used to feed animals.

OK, in reference to individuals, what else would people use plants for, besides food, other than for decoration?  OK, unless it's some area where people generally don't go to the supermarket, I'd say decoration.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
For anything I would prefer for money, even I use Farming for money by developing plants and fruits. Some of them use for business purposes like Wood and pulses to sell in the market.
If it is indoor gardening then peopl have to use for Food only rather than their is no way to cultivate for business purposes. Cannabis can be grown but it is illegal in almost countries so people wont grow such type of plants.

Well, if you feel like you must have homegrown crops, then why not organic? However, organic can be bought. OK, in that case, if I were to spend time farming, I'd want a money making operation, preferably organic - since in the US the price is much higher. Anyone coming to a similar conclusion?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I agree on that part, but we should have large area (space) to grow something that would be profitable. Here the apartments are small where we can get only some space like 50 plants can be planted in a balcony.
Growing organic vegetables or fruits is preferable all the time, but it all depends upon the farmer. I would prefer it at any stage since it wont have chemicals or anything that will retract us.

One method is to avoid from insects using solar insect killer.

I don't know that many who just use it as food, others I know use them to make medicines, to keep specific arrangements in their landscape, and other times I've known them to keep their fish tanks clean (although, that is another subject).

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Vaughen said:
I don't know that many who just use  it as food, others I know use them to make medicines, to keep specific arrangements in their landscape, and other times I've known them to keep their fish tanks clean (although, that is another subject).
Yep, that also some other things, but people usually uses plants for food, if they want to make profit, then they have to go with medicine plants as they are very high costed plants.
Small investment with low time high yields will come with Medicine plants, make sure to ask someone who can make you all things.