Is eating rhubarb good for you?

Did anyone eat Rhubarb vegetable and how far it is good for our health? I have came across news and found it is grown in our Himalayas are, but never seen in life.
Any thoughts on this Rhubarb vegetable?

ZandraJoi

The stems are okay to eat raw. The leaves are toxic however. We had rhubarb when I was younger but we cooked it. My husband has used it to make a Strawberry rhubarb pie years ago. The 2 flavors compliment each other.

Rhubarb is a vegetable that is known for its tart flavor and is often used in baked goods, jams, and sauces. While it is not typically eaten raw, cooked rhubarb can be a healthy addition to a balanced diet.

Rhubarb is a good source of vitamin C, fiber, and other nutrients, and it is low in calories. It is also a good source of antioxidants, which can help protect against cellular damage and reduce the risk of certain diseases.

However, it is important to note that the leaves of rhubarb plants contain oxalic acid, which can be toxic if consumed in large quantities. The stalks are safe to eat, but it is best to avoid consuming the leaves. Additionally, rhubarb can interact with certain medications, so it is always best to consult with a healthcare provider before including it in your diet.