Houseplants

ZandraJoi

What do you like to have? It IS a part of gardening :)
I have indoor houseplants. Christmas Cactus, Kalanchoe, Polka Dot, African Violet, Aloe Vera, Ferns. The Christmas Cactus, Kalanchoe, Aloe Vera are great for propagation. I've expanded my containers easily & given away a few to family & friends. I didn't always have a "green thumb". What I do is find ones that work for ME. The indoor & outdoor plants I have are easy to take care of. To me, it's just like having kids or pets. You need to be aware of what's going on & "know" your plant. What works, doesn't work.

I had a lovely cat living with me for almost ten years who just LOVED eating on every single plant. So obviously I couldn't have a big variety of household plants - especially not any plants that are toxic for cats. Some of my current plants are:
  • so I have a bunch of spider plants (which is super healthy for cats to eat)
  • Aloe vera plant (every home needs this amazing plant IMHO)
  • an areca palm (which I must confess I am really struggling with)
  • a bunch of jade plants (they are just so forgiving)
  • A huge ZZ plant (they have no problems surviving our dark winters here)
  • a bunch of christmas cactus (they are just wonderful when they bloom during the winter holidays)
I am now thinking about getting a monstera and some golden pothos (because they just seem so cool to have hanging around your home). Just beware that this plant is toxic for both children and pets.

I always like to grow vegetables, and most of the time need tomatoes. I tried several vegetables and they come only during rainy season. Ive had Aloevera which is good for my health in eating sometimes. We here keep Tulsi (Basil) plant in every home and it must be for us.
In the past had snake plant, but due to some problems removed from my home.

Some of the most popular house plants include:

1. Snake Plant (Sansevieria)
  2. Spider Plant (Chlorophytum)
  3. Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum)
  4. Pothos (Epipremnum aureum)
  5. Fiddle Leaf Fig (Ficus lyrata)
  6. Chinese Money Plant (Pilea peperomioides)
  7. ZZ Plant (Zamioculcas zamiifolia)
  8. Rubber Plant (Ficus elastica)
  9. Aloe Vera
  10. Philodendron
These plants are popular due to their ease of care, attractive appearance, and ability to purify the air. Keep in mind, the specific care needs for each plant can vary, so it's important to research the specific needs of the plant you're interested in.