Electric composter

It seems like introducing electricity to something that is supposed to be natural and eco-friendly is counter-intuitive. That's just my opinion.

ZandraJoi

It seems like introducing electricity to something that is supposed to be natural and eco-friendly is counter-intuitive. That's just my opinion.
Oh I agree with that lol It'd be more for cities & places that don't have the land available. We live on acreage here & just throw scraps into the woods. Some critter will pick through it. & if not, it naturally decomposes & makes great compost.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
@ZandraJoi
I have seen only compost bins here, but never electric bin that decomposes kitchen waste material. Did you used it or anyone of your friend and what is inside the box?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I've never had a need for it as we have acreage here & I grew up even on acreage.
That's awesome, but here we grow plants inside home, on the house so need to have bin for wastage materials. I have seen our Government is recycling the garbage too for a environment friendly region.

Electric Bins consumes power so the energy is needed that makes our loss. I have never thought Electric bins, but in the future their may be a solar bin.
I am satisfied with normal ones because we have small quantities of wastage daily so it can take one week to get full of the container.

ZandraJoi

That's awesome, but here we grow plants inside home, on the house so need to have bin for wastage materials. I have seen our Government is recycling the garbage too for a environment friendly region.
Do you have a big place inside your home to grow?

Electric Bins consumes power so the energy is needed that makes our loss. I have never thought Electric bins, but in the future their may be a solar bin.
I am satisfied with normal ones because we have small quantities of wastage daily so it can take one week to get full of the container.
They may be good for those who don't have other options especially if their city doesn't compost & they themselves want to.