Does using a sprinkling system save water?

Sprinkler uses a lot of water that doesnt save at all. If you need to save water, then choose Drip Irrigation which drips a drop at exact place, while sprinkler throws all the water around the plant.

I have a query, not every plant would require same amount of water few require everyday, some require once a week, is there a way to manage that?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I have a query, not every plant would require same amount of water few require everyday, some require once a week, is there a way to manage that?
In that case you should install special lines so the water should drip on alternate or as per plant requirement. My best suggestion is use a timer and place all the plants that require once in a day and in another row once in two days or so on.

Why don't you install timer and few more lines so it can work as you wishes. We have to use LOT devices in these days for working remotely.

Sprinkler system never saves water like Drip Irrigation and they have very high flow rate. Sprinklers works just like rain so it wastes a lot of water here and their.

ZandraJoi

I don't care for sprinklers. Most of the water ends up evaporating before it hits the roots. Plus I see so many people watering during the day, when the sun is burning. Drip irrigation, soaker hoses are the better bet.