Coir Pots

Did anyone had used Coir pots? if so what is your suggestion advantages and diadvantages over this? I am looking to use them as Eo Friendly pots so please advice me for this Coir pots.

Last edited:

ZandraJoi

I had to look them up as I haven't heard that term before but have seen them here. Coconut fiber pots. I have never used them myself. They remind me of peat pots which I have used.
The best thing I like about Coir pots is that, since they are from coconut, they can be compostable when they are at the end of their life. No waste!
I don't know of many disadvantages other than they may not hold up as long as, say, Terra Cotta or Plastic pots.

Thank you for the video. I got the gist of it :) I've seen the hanging ones the most in Garden Centers around here. Is India quite eco-friendly?
No, it is still out of control neither the Government providing things to people or offering discounts. As per we Gardeners move to Coir pots because it can be well growth and good for roots spreading in the pots.
I am hoping Government will provide some financial but they arent offering anything here. How about in America as I heard they offer some land to farmers?

ZandraJoi

No, it is still out of control neither the Government providing things to people or offering discounts. As per we Gardeners move to Coir pots because it can be well growth and good for roots spreading in the pots.
I am hoping Government will provide some financial but they arent offering anything here. How about in America as I heard they offer some land to farmers?
That's too bad!
I had to look up about land here. This is what I found: "The federal government is not giving away homesteading land, but there are cities and towns that are giving away properties for those who are willing to relocate."
They used to due to the Homestead Act in 1862 but most of the land we have now is owned by bigwigs such as Bill Gates.

Coir pots are biodegradable pots made from coconut coir, a waste product of the coconut industry. They are an eco-friendly alternative to traditional plastic pots and can be used to grow a variety of plants, including houseplants, vegetables, and flowers.

The main benefits of coir pots are that they are sustainable and biodegradable, reducing waste and minimizing environmental impact. Additionally, the natural fibers in the coir help to promote healthy root growth and can help to prevent root circling, a common problem in plants grown in traditional plastic pots.

Coir pots can be planted directly in the ground with the plant and will eventually break down over time, providing organic matter to the soil.