Baking Soda as a Pesticide

What does baking soda will do in gardening> does this is same as which we use in cooking? I am thinking it is a different type of baking soda to kill insects and worms.
Please explain to me its functions and other uses.

ZandraJoi

What does baking soda will do in gardening> does this is same as which we use in cooking? I am thinking it is a different type of baking soda to kill insects and worms.
Please explain to me its functions and other uses.
Baking soda is also known as Sodium Bicarbonate, the same thing used for cooking. Not to be confused with baking POWDER. While it is known as an insecticide/pesticide, I've had better luck with other means. Baking soda however is great as a fungicide.
It can also be used to clean the home, clean your produce, in the bath for a nice soak.

Baking soda is also known as Sodium Bicarbonate, the same thing used for cooking. Not to be confused with baking POWDER. While it is known as an insecticide/pesticide, I've had better luck with other means. Baking soda however is great as a fungicide.
It can also be used to clean the home, clean your produce, in the bath for a nice soak.
Hi thanks for the answer can you let me know who much can mix in a liter of water or any other liquid. I had some white flies and other worms on few plants so want to utilize Toxin free liquids to kill them.

ZandraJoi

Hi thanks for the answer can you let me know who much can mix in a liter of water or any other liquid. I had some white flies and other worms on few plants so want to utilize Toxin free liquids to kill them.
I go by the gallon. A gallon of water, 1T baking soda, 1T vegetable oil, few drops liquid soap. Shake well & spray on.
There's almost 4 liters to a gallon so you would have to divide the ratio by 4.
If it doesn't help, you can add in 1 to 2T Neem oil to the gallon of water.