Sea Cucumber

What is sea cucmber and how it is grown? I just heard it in the news of China and Srilanka, but not understood much. Why Sea cucmber is banned in India?

ZandraJoi

What is sea cucmber and how it is grown? I just heard it in the news of China and Srilanka, but not understood much. Why Sea cucmber is banned in India?
When I searched, they are under the Wildlife Protection Act making them illegal. It's more of an animal than a vegetable however people do eat them in certain countries.

When I searched, they are under the Wildlife Protection Act making them illegal. It's more of an animal than a vegetable however people do eat them in certain countries.
I heard only chinese people eat those things what they seen, can you name the countries where they eat? I think Indonesia would be the second country because during Covid seen bats would be their delicious soup.

ZandraJoi

I heard only chinese people eat those things what they seen, can you name the countries where they eat? I think Indonesia would be the second country because during Covid seen bats would be their delicious soup.
I've only heard the Asian countries to eat these. It doesn't seem as popular in other parts of the world.